Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Bible Gateway

Friday, September 2, 2011

More Like My Dogs.

A few days ago I added a post here titled On My Mind. I decided to post things that could help all of us to live better lives and maybe just get a little pick-me-up through the week. This will be the first of many posts of this kind...I hope!
My big sister introduced me to a book, JESUS CALLING by SARAH YOUNG. Each day has a devotional that is meant to give us a little peace in such a busy and cruel world. The difference between this devotional and other devotionals is that it is written as if Jesus were talking directly to the reader.
When I read the devotionals every day, it makes me want to be a better person and gives me some encouragement. I think we all need something like this to keep us focused on our character and what our ultimate goal in life should be...showing Jesus to the world. This is the devotional for today, September 2nd, 2011:
Living in dependence on me is a glorious adventure. Most people scurry around busily, trying to accomplish things through their own ability. Some succeed enormously; others fail miserably. But both groups miss what life is meant to be: living and working in collaboration with Me.
When you depend on Me continually, your whole perspective changes. You see miracles happening all around, while others see only natural occurrences and "coincidences." You begin each day with joyful expectation, watching to see what I will do. You accept weakness as a gift from Me, knowing that My Power plugs in most readily to consecrated weakness. You keep your plans tentative, knowing that My plans are far superior. You consciously live, move, and have your being in Me, desiring that I live in you. I in you, and you in Me. This is the intimate adventure I offer you.
This is the devotional part for today. There are Bible scriptures listed for you to refer to after reading this. They are:
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Acts 17:28
Colossians 2:6-7
John 14:20 

After I read this, I started to wonder about how I could improve myself. I know I have a bunch of pet lovers as followers for this blog, so at least they will understand what I am fixing to say. I want to be more like my dogs! I watch them everyday and they are wonderful examples of how people should be. They love me unconditionally, no matter what mood I'm in or how bad I messed up the day. When I am sad and heart broken, they know it and lie beside me and want to make me feel better.
I want to be like them. I want to forgive and forget as easily as they do and I want to care for the well-being of those around me like they care for my well-being.
I want to be excited to simply go outside and experience nature by smelling the flowers and chasing a butterfly.
What do you want to do to improve the way you experience your life and the days left to you on this earth?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Facebook