Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Bible Gateway

Thursday, March 22, 2012

FREE Book~Courting the Darkness by Karen Fuller

~The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.~ Mark Twain

This is the first “free book” post I’ve done, mainly because there are so many wonderful sites that keep my Kindle well stocked with the freebies. Ereader News Today and Pixel of Ink are two of my faves. However, these are special books. The authors of each are friends of mine. They are both wonderful women and amazing authors. First is Karen Fuller’s Courting the Darkness. Here is the blurb from amazon:

She was wanted by everyone...
All she wanted was to be left alone, or at least that's what Desiree Dupuis thought she wanted. She was born a very powerful witch. It figures the one back fired spell she cast would make her a very wanted woman. Drake, the Vampire King, wanted her for her magic. Jason Hargrove, the witch hunter, wanted to see her burn. Caleb Jenkins, the shape-shifter, wanted to possess her. Mica Sinclair, the Rogue Vampire...Well...Mica wanted her heart.
Danger and adventure awaits...
Desiree had no trouble finding danger, suspense, lies, deceit, and most of all romance...She found love where she least expected, but at what cost? Are the risks too great?
After being tugged in four different directions, all Desiree wanted was to Court the Darkness.

Here are some of the reviews for Courting the Darkness:

“ I enjoyed Karen Fuller's book, Courting the Darkness. Her main character, Desiree, is a witch who casts a spell that backfires on her making her never age and granting her immortality. She is 125 years old at the start of the story. I really enjoyed this premise, and I also appreciated the great details that Ms. Fuller uses in her circle and spell casting. It really gives us another view into the world of magic…This was a fast read to me and I really enjoyed the new concepts that the author presented. There were a few things that I wanted her to go into more detail on because I was intrigued by the story she was weaving. I wanted to know more about the world and how these witch trials were still allowed. I also wanted the story to be longer in certain cases. For example, Desiree needs to cast this spell, but she does not think she can do it. We only see one attempt at the spell; although I assume there were other attempts that we just weren't privy to for she has been in her work space for quite some time. I always feel that if I want to know more about the story, that the author has done a good job getting my attention. I would definitely recommend this book and plan to read the author again. I had trouble putting this book down as well!”~Melissa Duhr, Bloomington, IL.
“Well I want to start out with saying that I could not put this book down. I loved the characters, the plot and the storyline. I was neglecting my daily activities when I was reading this great book. Courting the Darkness is fast paced, full of action and adventure and just and all around great read. This book comes highly recommended by me for anyone over the age of eighteen.” ~Catie Vargas, Indiana

To get this book for FREE for your Kindle or Kindle app for PC, click the title of the book, Courting the Darkness by Karen Fuller 

If you don't have a Kindle, don't cry, you can still read these books by downloading the Kindle for PC app found here. They also have the new option of reading instantly in the "cloud" you can find out more about that here
HAPPY READING!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Facebook