Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Bible Gateway

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Changes Ahead for Beth's Writing Opinions??

Most of my book reviews are on books from the paranormal, horror, or thriller genre. Occasionally, I will review a book that is a romance or self-help but that is rare. It has come to my attention that Writing Opinions looks "girly" and "frilly". This is not a bad thing, but doesn't really fit with the types of stories I review. The start to 2012 was rather rocky for me and I neglected my blog, (Bad Blogger!!), but since things are beginning to even out for me, I am thinking of changing the theme to something a little more spooky. I had almost decided to just delete Writing Opinions and put my effort into something else, but I just can't seem to let go of it.
For one thing, when I post reviews, the author gets just a little extra advertising from Google. I know a lot of wonderful writers who are extremely talented and I love to know that I can help them in some small way to get that extra little bit in there. I have several ideas for the new look. I want to get myself an original rating symbol, for one. I am leaning hard toward a moon with the highest rating being '5 moons'. Of course, instead of the word 'moon', there would be a picture of the moon. Here are a few pics I have so far:
                                         

Moon 1

Moon 2

Moon 3

Moon 4
The pictures would be smaller to fit in the Title Bar after the Name of the book being reviewed and the author. Which one do you like the best?

Another thing I want to do is change my background image. Right now, it's the mountains that you see behind the blog itself. Again, shooting for spooky here. Here are some of the pics I have in mind for that.
Background 1

Background 2

Background 3

Background 4

Background 5

Background 6

Background 7

Background 8

Background 9
I will also be creating a blog button. This button will reflect my passion for the night time and/or for wolves. I would love to know what everyone thinks. I have had a couple of friends working on this little make-over, but I want to get some opinions from people who follow me or just would like to have some input. In the comments section below, let me know which picture you like for the rating symbol and which one you like for the background. Thanks bunches!!

2 comments:

Share on Facebook