Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Bible Gateway

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Reasons That I Rate Books 5*****

If you picked up a book and couldn't get through the first couple of chapters, would you force yourself to read it? I don't think so, not if you were reading for pleasure. If you couldn't read it all the way to the end, why would you try to rate or review it? I think that there are redeeming qualities in every written work. The plot may be awesome and the writing just sucks or maybe the writing is great but the plot stinks. Either way, someone somewhere will like it while others don't. This is why you never see a rating from me that is less than 3 stars. I'm not trying to slam an author by giving them a bad review. I am trying to find books that my followers will enjoy reading. If I can't give a book a good rating, chances are that book didn't hold my attention in the first chapter or two. If that's the case, I put it down and won't write a review because I didn't get to the end of the book. If I didn't get to the end, I don't have the whole picture so it wouldn't be fair to review it.
I look at any author's work like it is their baby. I wouldn't walk up to a parent on the street and say, "Wow, what an ugly baby!" Likewise, I wouldn't tell an author that their novel is horrible. As an editor, I gave suggestions to my authors about certain things. If the conversation between characters was flat or sounded forced, I would let them know. If a description was so long that I forgot what was actually being described, I would let them know that as well. If, I come across a book I can read but it just didn't really do it for me, I may not rate it at all. I might just say it was an okay book and leave it at that.
So, there you go. This is why you won't find bad reviews here. Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated! Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Facebook