Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Bible Gateway

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10 Christians Everyone Should Know by Mitch Stokes-3***

I received a free copy of this book from BookSneeze in exchange for a review. The book was rich with interesting facts about some of the greatest Christians in our history and I liked reading it. However, if you're not a big fan of history, you may not enjoy this book. The way it is written is rather dry(like a history book) and it requires a little more attention to understand and follow than most Christian nonfiction. I gave it three stars for these reasons.
I particularly loved the section on Galileo. He was a favorite of mine in school and I guess that never changed. There are many other interesting facts in this book about people like George Washington Carver, Jane Austen, John Bunyan, and Johann Sebastian Bach to name a few. Learning about these people, their lives and devotion to God was a wonderful journey and continually made me thankful that I live in a time and country where I am free to worship God.
Readers can learn a lot from this book, so I would suggest at least trying it out. The more you know, the more you grow, right? Maybe you too will feel the sense of thankfulness I felt after reading 10 Christians Everyone Should Know. This title is available at amazon.com here. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Facebook