Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Bible Gateway

Thursday, January 17, 2013

JESUS CALLING by SARA YOUNG~5*****'s AND BEYOND!

JESUS CALLING by Sarah Young is, hands down, my favorite devotional book. There is a devotional for each day along with the scripture and verse Mrs. Young used to write the devotional. She takes those scriptures and applies them to a situation that you might facing in Jesus' point of view. Since I am writing this post on January 17th, I am going to use today's devotional as an example below.

Come to Me with a thankful heart, so that you can enjoy my presence. This is the day that I have made. I want you to rejoice TODAY, refusing to worry about tomorrow. Search for all that I have prepared for you, anticipating abundant blessings and accepting difficulties as they come. I can weave miracles into the most mundane day if you keep your focus on Me. Come to Me with all your needs, knowing... that my glorious riches are a more-than-adequate supply. Stay in continual communication with Me, so that you can live above your circumstances even while you are in the midst of them. Present your requests to Me with thanksgiving, and My Peace, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your heart and mind.~ Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. 2004. pg. 19
Psalm 118:24; Phillipians 4:6-7, 19
I keep this book on my nightstand along with my Bible and read each day's devotional before I start my day. Since I have started doing this, I have developed the habit of reading my Bible while drinking my coffee in the morning. It started as just reading the correlating scriptures for each devotional and turned into me carrying my Bible to the kitchen table and reading it before starting my day. Of all the habits I could develop, this one is AWESOME! I have noticed that I think more about how I should react in a given situation according to God's word instead of just going with my first reaction. I have begun to pay attention to how I speak to and treat others, I try harder to be patient with those around me, and I am just trying to be an all around better person.
The devotionals in this book are a comfort to me and have been nothing but a positive in my life. I would suggest this book for anyone 12+. I say 12+ because I think that, by that age, most young people would be capable of reading it and taking the message to heart. However, if you have a young person in your life under the age of 12 that you feel is mature enough to read and understand it, by all means give them a copy. This book began changing me from the inside out and I can't say enough about it.
 You can purchase the Kindle version of JESUS CALLING by SARAH YOUNG through Amazon here or you can purchase the actual book(in hardcover or paperback ) here. For those of you who have already read this wonderful book, feel free to leave a comment and let me know if you liked it and, if so, how it has changed your life.
Happy Reading!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Facebook