Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Bible Gateway

Thursday, October 3, 2013

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Hello Mornings Challenge

Well, I've done it. I've decided to take action to improve myself and my home! Thanks to the Hello Mornings blog, I have accepted the challenge to turn myself around in at least one area of my life in the next 21 days.According to an article I found at lifehack.org, in order to a form a new habit, you should set aside a thirty day block of time. The article goes on to give the reason for this time frame saying, "Three to four weeks is all the time you need to make a habit automatic. If you can make it through the initial conditioning phase, it becomes much easier to sustain. A month is a good block of time to commit to a change since it easily fits in your calendar."
This same article lists several things you can do to help improve your chances of succeeding in your habit forming endeavor, so, if you're interested in reading the article, you can find it here. For the Hello Mornings 21 Day Challenge, we are using the book 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life by Crystal Paine and you can purchase a copy of this book by following the link at the end of this post. However, I am adding my own spin to the challenge and will also be using a book called 31 Days to Clean-Having a Martha House the Mary Way by Sarah Mae. This book is a wonderful source of information on how to take care of your home and your heart and, of course, is using Mary and Martha from the Bible. If you would like to purchase a copy of this book, you can also find the link to it at the end of this post.
Again, I am just adding 31 Days to Clean to my personal challenge because I have read it and loved it but didn't apply all of the advice to my daily life so I figured that now was the time to do it. The original 21 Day Challenge can be found at the Hello Mornings blog here. When and if you decide to sign up, let them know that you found the blog and challenge here, please, and then let me know if you plan to participate in the challenge. Part of what will help us all succeed is the accountability. Friends with the same goal, lifting each other up and praying for each other and encouraging each other and reminding each other to press forward.
Part of my challenge will be to post about how well I'm doing (or not doing) on each day and what I did accomplish or where I may have failed at doing something. I am really excited to get started and my goal for today is to read the first chapters of each of the books listed and sew up two shirts that have been waiting patiently on my dresser for a needle and thread forever. This is a tiny thing and won't take me longer than maybe twenty minutes, but I will feel so much better getting it done so that they can be folded and put away! What is your tiny goal for the day? It could be something just as simple as sewing a button or cleaning off the kitchen table. Whatever you decide to do, remember to do everything as  if you are doing it for the Lord. He will bless your effort to become a better home maker and wife and mother when it is being done from a place of love and worship. Good luck and remember to have fun on the journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Facebook